Reflection

Reflection

by Martin Santos -
Number of replies: 0

Based on the investigation, I was able to find minimal private information and it took some deep researching to find information about her address and family which may not need to be public for a person in authority. It is obvious that persons need to be careful and observant on the information that is uploaded to their social media network and what is available online on their private life. We also need to conscious that a digital footprint is traceable and can be used by identity theft and catfishing.

In reference to the DEL that I investigated, I found her Digital literacy on her personal information as reserved. She uses information and communication technologies to create, and communicate information to her friends on Facebook. She has a positive digital identity as her social media contains minimal amount of personal information beside her education. Her small amount of personal information that is available online is from her workplace website which lists her work contact number, email, marital status, education and hobbies. She does not have a lot of digital footprint. She is only on Facebook social media and her posts to friends on that network is minimal and non-controversial. She is featured on many news media in both positive and negative news due to her position as Chief Education Officer of Belize.

This investigation and module has alerted me that we must be careful what is posted online to the social media networks to ensure that only the controlled personal information that I want to be public is posted. This will assist our faculty and students of the benefits and dangers of their digital identity and footprint.