Evaluating Online Information

Evaluating Online Information

by Shakira Castellanos -
Number of replies: 0

The internet hold a vast collection of information. With so much information available on one topic, it takes a while for me to browse through all the information to find the ones I need. I was able to find many publications online by my DEL and found the digital tracks online.

I used Google for my search engine and I got most of my information from LinkedIn. I did not have a LinkedIn account so I had to create on to get the information I needed. I also used Facebook but found little information there. My DEL was also a member of various social media sites, but I do not have accounts with the sites so I was not able to access information.

When I want authentic information from the internet, I use trusted articles and websites to find my information. This is important because I do not want to share false information with students. I use my gut feeling and I check the source of my information before sharing. Sometimes you can just look at an article and know it is fake. I enjoyed paying the Fake News game; for me it was not so easy to spot the fake news.