Digital footprint take away

Digital footprint take away

by Olivia Bardalez -
Number of replies: 1

The first attention getter for me was the fact that I also teach at a very small school. Which causes us to know each other's business without even trying to. The staff gets to know students' business and students learn about our business with us telling them.

Secondly was the statement about integrity and virginity. That's a great comparison, it seems to hit directly on the nail head. Why? because our students are in that stage where they are becoming or being pressured to become sexually active and just that one statement may help them to not give in. It also lets them get an idea of what integrity is and so may help them to make better decisions when dealing with the internet.

Thirdly, the ending statement is definitely a statement to never forget. This statement is a generalized statement that can be helpful for everyone, adults, and students. "Always pause and think before we enter on that keyboard". I can write or print that statement and display it in the computer lab, in the staffroom, and on any social media platform and google classroom.

In reply to Olivia Bardalez

Re: Digital footprint take away

by Edna Flowers -

I can certainly relate to the talk as well, as I teach at a small institution as well, and everyone gets to know each other's business.

I must agree with you that our students need guidance in making informed decisions in regards to their online activity. We are agents of change and can certainly impact their decision-making, especially by acting as good role models.