Scenario discussion

Scenario discussion

by Selwyn Campbell -
Number of replies: 1

In Donna's case scenario, she started out by asking what would her graduates career look like in 10, 20 0r 30 years. To me this comes across as a concern for the future welfare and existence of the future generation. She pleaded for greater control in learning in terms of flexibility as well as location. 

We are all faced with a Pandemic at this time and I see the need for senior management to be flexible in terms of the use of technology. It is with this in mind training of teachers and investment in resources be brought to light especially since these are necessary for all stakeholders. Despite these becoming necessary, there must be a careful assessment of the intentions of learning before spending unnecessarily on the resources. 

Visionaries of these changes will want to adapt to new technological trends. These do include students but I dare to ask the question, how about the teachers? I strongly believe that teachers should be on board with these advancements since the slightest display of negligence or non adaptations can be noticed by our students. So students as well as teachers are directly affected by these changes. In addition, I must also include that parents are impacted and they can be involved in the growing pains with technological advancements. 

The vision by Donna's scenario calls for a digital heart which would link to improved job prospects. Students are exposed to technological uses and this alters the traditional way of learning and teaching. Teachers as well as lecturers will embrace the new way of working with technology. Getting onboard can allow any institution to be recognized on a larger platform. This move can allow partners which can enhance and improve the digital experience.

It's important that all stakeholders support this case for change.   

In reply to Selwyn Campbell

Re: Scenario discussion

by Sandhya Gunness -

Thank you for your post Selwyn.. I also think the visionary stance taken by Donna showed that she really cared about how her students would fare in the future...while Mike was really the technopreneur..focussing on results, technology and immediate results..a balance of the two would be great!