Reflection on Donna's Scenario

Reflection on Donna's Scenario

by Victor Miranda -
Number of replies: 0

I strongly believe that Donna makes a very valid and applicable case for technology in schools that can be applied to the Belizean context. As a digital education leader, Donna has the student's needs and input front and centre. Her policies and technological implementations are based on a balance between what is needed and what can improve learning in the classroom. I have a personal connection with Donna's case because I myself have the same outlook and take in technology as a DEL. The management at my school relies on my input to know if a certain software or hardware is needed. Its crucial to make informed decisions with the input of all stakeholders. An area that struck me greatly is the importance Donna placed on student's input and needs. I have reflected and realised that I can do better to reach out to students to see what their experience is and how to improve it. Donna's blend between what technology is function and available in the classroom is of utmost importance. I believe that many times DELs choose new and fancy over functionality and availability. Another takeaway from Donna's scenario was the importance she placed on the input of students and teachers to inform the development and improvement of the apps and software. To add, the monitoring of what is really being used by students and the degree of usage is a crucial element to ensure functionality of the implemented technology. I would like to conclude by acknowledging the importance of collaborating with other DELs. Particularly those who are in the same positions in the same institutions.