Digital Tool Resource

Digital Tool Resource

by Pauline Gilharry -
Number of replies: 0

Resources selected: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing

I have selected this resource because it will afford me an opportunity to enhance my skills & competencies in creating digital content to promote and market my institution. I will better understand the fundamentals of digital marketing through self-directed learning as digital marketing is a must for promoting an institution.

I have used the guidelines from Berkeley's guide to evaluate the framework of the resource chosen. I have considered these aspects based on Berkely's guide:

Authority: this resource was designed and developed by Google, one of the leading search engines worldwide. The training adds to your resume and the source is credible

Purpose: the course is designed for anyone with an interest to develop their digital marketing skills free of cost

Publication& format: this resource is available as an open-source or the Digital Garage with a certification upon completion of the 26 modules, having unlimited access, short learning videos and quizzes to test knowledge and understanding.

Relevance: Considering Covid-19, schools have found it necessary to engage in completing administrative tasks, teaching, and learning online. Digital content is a form of communication with stakeholders. Therefore, having a certificate in the fundamentals of digital marketing will provide opportunities for my school to build a positive digital footprint. You can develop or enhance skills such as analytical/data insights, business strategy, content marketing, display advertising, or venture into e-commerce.

Date of publication: current

Documentation: as you complete the modules, practical exercises, and real-world scenarios you put knowledge into action, you get a digital opportunity to understand how you can use the fundamentals of digital marketing as a tool to positively contribute to your school and personal/ professional empowerment. 

Yes, back in July 2020, I have started this free course to understand the fundamentals of digital marketing because I saw the need for it to help my school. I have been creating videos, flyers, websites, or digital content through my own initiative to promote my institution. I have completed at least 50% of the modules so far. Now that this topic comes up again in this training, I will find the time to complete the pending modules for my own personal and professional empowerment.

Thank you!

Pauline