Reflection and Change scenario

Reflection and Change scenario

by Anthony Chaneb -
Number of replies: 0

8. Donna and Mike

Read the two scenarios and use the questions provided to compare the two different change scenarios 

What is Donna’s vision for their institution?

Donna’s vision is to welcome the challenge of technology through collaborative approach. 

How have they gone about making a case for change?

Donna pushes for students to have better control over learning in terms of flexibility and location.

What changes have been proposed?

Donna has developed a personal learning network where she collaborated with other digital leaders around the world. She proposed to set out a plan of action where a budget can be developed to aid in acquiring the necessary software and hardware that is need by students.

How are students and academics affected?

Like in Belize and all over the work the lack of financial support will affected students performance since parents won’t be able to afford to buy data and/or a device for students, this will affect academics of the students.

How will they achieve this change?

For change to happen collaboration and planning will be necessary. The ground work will need to be done to make decisive decision-making to accommodate to the needs of the students and institution.

·         Donna's Vision is more what I see happening here in Belize and so I would go with hers I that it seems more practical for me. As teacher we have to be more compassionate as Donna. I see her showing a caring vision for the long term well being of her student; she envisions her students having higher level of control of their own learning, and I support this vision for my students. A suggestion for transformation advocated by Donna will have a positive impact on all of the partners in education. As a digital education leader, Donna has the student's needs and input front and center. Her policies and technological implementations are based on a balance between what is needed and what can improve learning in the classroom. Like Donna is believe that Learning needs to have all parties involvement from the Administration, the teachers, the student and the parent for this to be effective. Everyone is affected is some way or form by change, but those who are able to adjust or are willing to take on the new change, will profit definitely. Difficulties will exist, but as digital leaders, we need to learn to work as a unit for the betterment of our institutions and the students, who are our major assets.