Computer Security, Forensics and Ethical Hacking
Discussion Forum: Disk Defragmentation
The Advantages of Disk Defragmentation & in Files Systems
Disk Defragmentation: Defragmentation is the tools of consolidating fragmented files on the user's hard drives. Files becomes fragmented when data is written to disk & there is not enough space to hold the complete file.
Defragmentation reduces file system fragmentation and increasing the
efficiency of data retrieval, thereby improving the overall system performance.
- Faster Read & Write Times
- Better Application Performance
- Reduced Timeouts and Crashes
- Faster Data Transfer Rates
- Increased throughput
- Reduced Latency & Faster Scans
- Extended Hardware Lifecycle
- Overall Faster Server & PC Speeds
- Faster Boot-up Times
- Faster internet Browsing Speeds