Final Reflection

Final Reflection

by Emiliano Sosa -
Number of replies: 0

Before I started with this course I was just an Information Technology teacher. The way we used to teach at school was just to have the students in the computer lab using a computer without the use of internet. I use the regular projector and write notes on the white board.

My school has been classified in Belize as a no-technology since it is on a rural area where limited or no internet exists. Data is expensive and is not feasible for online teaching. Presently students are receiving tablets from the Ministry of Education. This is good news for me and my colleagues since this means that now we will put what we are learning into practice. 

So when the principal told me about the CDELTA course I was pleased and ready to venture into this new form of teaching. I don't have any experience in the actual teaching using any platform. I know how to use google classroom for meetings and have been practicing creating classrooms. I am further excited because I found out in the course many other ways and tools to teach the students.

What I want to work on the first instance is to help train my colleagues at school so that all of us engage in the same way while teaching online. Personally I will start to prepare my lessons applying the tools I learned to make my online teaching a greater experience.

Goals:

1. When the workshop is over I will discuss with my principal when we can have our teachers get involve in our own workshops to share the knowledge acquired in the CDELTA course.

2. I will assist in making sure that the technology is available and liaise with the principal to increase our internet signal. This will assure the teachers uninterrupted online teaching experience.

3. I would want to engage in another course similar to this one and to continue learning. This will allow me to be of constant assistance to my colleagues and school in general.

Things I will change:

1. As said before our school is not presently doing online teaching but I will definitely change the way I teach. I will stop the chalk and talk and make use of the tools available online.

2. I will also reduce the paper evaluations and have students to tests and quizzes online and have the computer automatically grade the evaluation.

What I will keep on doing:

1. I will keep my mind open to new strategies and new ways of learning and teaching. I will continue communicating with my principal to make sure that our technology keeps upgrading as we meet the needs of the students.

I am grateful for this course and really appreciate all does who coordinated their efforts for us to learn. I am very appreciative of the provider of the workshop.  

Thank you CDELTA