Reflecting back on week 1

Reflecting back on week 1

by Steven Chun -
Number of replies: 0

Ideas from week 1 that are useful in your context/ Teaching

Week 1 was a very interesting week because it was comprised of fun activities felt like am actually going to school again but nevertheless it was awesome. What i found useful was the part where we discussed the importance online safety when searching the internet whether for research or just browsing for other purposes, how we can keep a good digital footprint which basically isn't new for me but it was a great exercise, and the most important one was how we most keep our self professional both in class and outside of class and what we upload on the internet that can harm us directly or indirectly.   

Things you will do as a result of what you learned in week 1

Well in terms of what i will do is that i keep doing what i have always been doing ever since keeping my information private such as personal and filtering. In terms of online safe guarding i will continue using my adblocker to keep unwanted notifications popping up. 

Question you have or 1 idea you want to follow up on

Well i was reading my colleagues information that they posted and they said that we would like to know how they can know its a trusted sites that they visit. Well its very difficult because now everyone trying to find ways how to keep people engaging in some malicious act so that will never end. But nevertheless one way we can know a site can be trusted is by checking in the URL it will have a icon that has padlock and ones its closed it means that it is a trustworthy site and if the padlock is open it will show that it is not one to be trusted.