Critical evaluation of digital tool/ resource

Critical evaluation of digital tool/ resource

by Steven Chun -
Number of replies: 0

The course that choose was the Introduction to programming.

This is a very interesting resource because this is one of the topics we do at our school when having student dealing with programming. In my class we cover just the basics of programming which this resource is perfect for that. This would also be a resource that i can share with my other I.T co-worker at school. This will enhance the learning of the students better because it give enough insight of what programming is about.

I used the Berkeley guide to evaluate the resource. The aim for this course is basically to understand the basic fundamentals of the Python programming language and along with best practices of programming. This course 6 modules in total the sixth one being an advance module in python programming. The module cover all relevant information that my students will need to have a good understanding of python. The course have quiz and activity during each modules that will test what you have acquire during the module. Once students start the module it will show the progress percent and once a module is completed the students will be able to move to another module. 

https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/course/introduction-to-python-programming

This resource is provided by Udacity which is an American for-profit organization founded by Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens, and Mike Sokolsky offering massive open online courses. The main goals for this open source is to help both business and education to enhance their learning and efficiently master the skills needed in a business and education. It allows you to work online at your pace and going through the content when you are ready, so it a asynchronous course that you can engage in. It is very useful because it cover many areas in where you can enhance your working skills and also learning skills in education for students. 

The course is very useful that will enhance the learning of the students because it explains both the language itself and the ways to program in its environment using other plugins that will help as you advance in python. This course can work handy in the I.T Club that we have at school where students can engage more and create wonderful mini projects. Especially the Raspberry Pi competition that happens every year our students always give a shot at this competition showing the mini project that come up with. This would also be handy for their completion of School Base Assessments because they will also be creating a program for their SBA based on what is required from them to create when they reach 4Th Form which is in upper level.