Donna's change scenario

Donna's change scenario

by Carlo Benavidez -
Number of replies: 0

Is the case for change being made in response to strengths and opportunities or a reaction to weakness and threats? 

-      I believe Donna’s case is being made in response to the possibilities of improved strengths and opportunities for both students and teachers.

Would your senior management support this case for change? Why?

-      I believe senior management would support this move to complete digital education because we are already living it (forced or not) due to this global pandemic. The world is becoming more digital by the day, and we need to equip out students with the necessary digital skills and competencies to compete in this evolving world and “job market”.

Would your students support this case for change? Why?

-      I believe so. Our students are digital natives. They are already super connect and striving in this new digital environment.

Can you identify who will be directly and indirectly affected by the changes? 

-      Those most affected would be the teachers that would need to be trained and invest heavily in their digital skills to become competent enough to teach in this digital environment. Parents would also be affected as they would not be able to offer as much a support to their kids as before since they would also be considered as digital immigrants. The price of such a move would also fall on the administration of the school and on the parents to ensure that the students are equipped with the necessary technology to learn efficiently in these digital spaces.

Can you Identify what the impact of this vision will be on learning, teaching, students, lecturers, organisational structure, institutional reputation etc. ? 

-      I believe it would affect all aspects in an educational institution. The biggest impact would be financial. All stakeholders in education would need to find the money to invest in equipping classrooms, students and teachers with the technology needed. Policies in education would also need to be revisited (i.e. school rules and expectations, graduation requirements).