Evaluation of Digital Resource

Evaluation of Digital Resource

by Rodrigo Vasquez -
Number of replies: 0

Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)

I choose programming with python because it is a high-level programming language and widely used by Google. I believe that programming is not properly taught in high schools in Belize.  I am convinced that if my students were taught python, they would appreciate more the programming class.

My evaluation of this resource is based on Berkeley Guide. Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) is created by University of Michigan and powered by Coursera. This course aims to teach everyone the basics of programming computers using Python 3. It covers the basics of how one constructs a program from a series of simple instructions in Python. The course has no pre-requisites and avoids all but the simplest mathematics. The course consists of seven modules and has a duration of 12 hours. The course covers Chapters 1-5 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. 

It caters for absolute beginners. Therefore, anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master the materials in this course. Once a student completes this course, they will be ready to take more advanced programming courses.

https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/course/programming-for-everybody-python

Above is the link to the resource I have chosen. I chose it because I am familiar with this programming language and I see a great potential for any students engaged in studying, learning and practicing it. 

I am strongly considering strengthening my python programming skills so I can be an effective instrument in teaching it. I believe that if you enjoy doing something, you will enjoy teaching it. Hence I convince I find enjoyment in implementing it in my future classes.