My Digital Education Leadership Vision

My Digital Education Leadership Vision

by Cecile Ramirez -
Number of replies: 0

Digital Education Leadership Vision

As I reflect on these past few days, I realized how digitally literate I have grown. This experience started a real digital journey for me: reading the modules, interacting in the Zoom Sessions, and doing the forums/discussions may have been challenging at first but worthwhile. I can now speak using technological jargons as I shared with my colleagues via online Staff meeting about monitoring their digital identity and footprints on the internet.

I embrace the task assigned to lead my colleagues and the senior students on this digital education experience via online training using the CDELTA Platform. During the training, I will promote the use of digital tools, resources, and research with special focus on creating their Personal Learning Network (PLN), searching for their Digital Footprint, and taking short courses from the "Digital skills for Africa" website. I am hopeful that as a DEL, I will inspire and motivate all stakeholders.

As a DEL, I will encourage two changes which include teachers become content creators rather than consumers and that they be less carefree with what they post and comment about on social media realizing that the internet accumulates and stores information forever.

I addition, I will keep learning and sharing about digital education by joining digital networks to improve my digital capacity. I now describe myself as a digital visionary inspired by our training discussions and the case studies of Donna and Mike. I dream of creating digital classrooms such as English Labs with the technological devices necessary to attract the various learning styles of my students. I will be a voice for my students as well as an ambassador for digital education. We are living in changing times which call for changes in our approach.