Evaluating Online Information

Evaluating Online Information

by Maria Vernon -
Number of replies: 0

What are some of the issues and challenges with finding information online?

Issue with finding information online would be how to look. There seems to be a variety of ways in which you can search for information on a person that I am not aware of. I had started looking for information online but it got to a point where there is an overload of information. Challenges would be finding accurate information and also that is easily comprehensible.

Do you have any concerns about the online platforms you use?

I am currently using Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom. Quizizz, Quizlet and Flipgrid as my main platforms so far but at times there are some difficulties I encounter. Quizizz is time consuming to create original assessments so I have to be careful because if mistakes are made it becomes time consuming to resolve. Quizlet provides a basic system of flashcards for students so I don’t have any issue with this website. At the beginning I had used Google Forms for my subject of Spanish and later I realized that it automatically translates my work to the language of the user so this was frustrating at the time. Google Classroom works smoothly to keep a record of all the work given so I may do more in depth work with this platform. My idea in moving ahead for the school year is to simplify tasks and assessments for students and to provide a system that they can find easy to navigate through.

What about the trustworthiness of online information? How did you find the Fake news game? Was it easy to spot the fake? Did you do any checks to verify the information? Or did you just go with your gut feel?

Online information is sometimes misleading. It’s important to evaluate what you are reading. I find this to have been a trend that is growing as the reports or information given is not accurate at times.