Donna Case For Change & My Reflection

Donna Case For Change & My Reflection

by Martin Santos -
Number of replies: 0

What is Donna’s vision for their institution?

Donna’s vision is to use technology at an instituitonal level to implement changes in technology awareness. 

How have they gone about making a case for change?

She proposes for students to have more control over learning in the location. She foresees technology been used as a tool to prepare students for their fure career.

What changes have been proposed?

Donna developed a PLN where she shares information with other DEL globally but she notes that the financial cost of technology is an issue. She intends to propose a budget for the digital tools that will benefit her institution the best.

How are students and academics affected?

Students and academics are affected in the event that parents can financially afford such online learning tools as internet and adequate digital devices.

How will they achieve this change?

To achieve this change, planning is crucial. The term "If you fail to plan then plan to fail" summarizes how to achieve the change. Also, data collection and analysis is important for an informed decisions that will address the needs of the institutions and stakeholders.

My Reflection

Donna's case for change is made in response can b broken down into a SWOT analysis as: a) it looks at the strengths and opportunities of the institution to address the needs of the students but it can also e a weakness or threat depending priorities set forth by the administration of the institution.

I can see this case relevant to my school, San Pedro High School, as our administration supports our ICT department in introducing different technology to our students and teachers to enhance the learning experience.

Our administration would support Donna’s case because they render support to any areas for school improvement and embracing technology. The administration has invested in three computer labs for our students ensuring that each student has a working computer when they have a technology class practical session and after classes for any online research for other subjects.

Prior to the onset of COVID-19 they had invested in a campus wireless network in all classrooms so that teachers can have access to different online tools for teaching classes. Half of the student body were already using a digital device inside the classroom as part of a governmental pilot project.

Donna's proposal for change will definitely have a positive impact on our school and educational stakeholders as technology creates new opportunities by enhancing the teaching experience for our teaching and learning abilities for our students.

It is important as proposed in Donna case for change to gather data and plan for an decision to be successful.