Final Reflection

Final Reflection

by Cecilio Garcia -
Number of replies: 0

I was very curious   about the content of this course weeks before it was initiated. I have been teaching information technology for the past 27 years and I am the network administrator for the school.  I  remember using a digital projector and a laptop for my classes. Muffles College has evolved since then, Now, each classroom is equipped with a smart TV and internet access.

During last year academic all students from the first form and second form received a laptop from our major internet provider with 500 MBPS of download. Teachers were amazed at this technology, but the major problem was training on the device.  Teachers and students were not using the device to its fullest.  Teachers were using it for powerpoint only and students were using it for listening to music and games.

The technology was there, so I was given the challenge to test different digital platforms for online classes. After reviewing several platforms, I recommended to the school to use Microsoft Teams since our internet service provided agreed to manage the devices using AZURE and install office 655 A1 on the devices. It was a plus to our institution for implementing the online classes

From the time I was recommended to this course, I was very eager to found out the content of it. Now I can say that this course is very interesting and at the same time informative. This C-delta course made me aware of my digital footprint as education and how to manage it.  I have always been very conservative on my post on social media. Now, I am in a better position to help my colleagues with online tools to make our classes more student center. I am impressed with the  Mentimeter that our facilitator used for brain-storming. After completing Module 1, I started using Flipgrid for my online class and I did shared this online tool with other teachers.

One of the goals after completing this course is to share my experience with our principal and head of the department and to encourage them to review our school goals and policies in the  use of technology in the classroom with the inclusion of educational tools like edpuzzle, and flipgrid. The use of those tools will enhance and engage students in an environment of learning.

I will encourage teachers to take this C-delta course so that they can be enlightened with new ideas and concepts as a digital leader. I will personally continue to research and to collaborate with my colleagues so that the major problem we are facing with teacher training with online classes won’t be a weakness. in my institution will. This digital leader course will not benefit me as a teacher, but the entire school I serve.