Evaluating online information

Evaluating online information

by Gloria Coc -
Number of replies: 0

Some of the issues and challenges with finding information online include which web browser is better.  I prefer to use google chrome because I feel like I am very comfortable with it.  I have only used Bing but I realize that I am limited with images whenever I use it.  The challenges is which key word works better.  Sometime I find myself rewording the keywords or even switching the positions of it.  It all depends what I am looking for.

No I do not have any concerns about the online platform that I use simply because I am able to get around it. So far I have used Moodle and still learning how to use google classroom.  The internet provides so many videos for us to use and teach ourselves. I am learning  more and want to use zoom with my students. 

I usually use google scholars if I am researching for an academic paper or journals.  However, when I get newsfeeds I don't normally check the source of it.  Sometimes it is my gut feeling that I go with but now I know that it is not necessarily correct.  

I am still training myself to verify the source before I can say that the information is accurate. It is a learning process as I go because there are so much information available for almost anything I can think of.