Final Reflections

Final Reflections

by Florence Goldson -
Number of replies: 0

A major takeaway for me from this experience is the depth of commitment and heart educators in Belize have for their students. It reminds me that at any given moment we're all doing the very best that we can with the resources that we have at our disposal. This is true for educators, for students and for their families, so I must remember to practice compassion and empathy with myself and others.  

My three goals:

1. To use my DEL skills to promote digital mindfulness and well-being.

2. To connect with at least 2 of my peers that I met during this training to discuss collaboration opportunities. I will start with Marcel Palma because of his YouTube videos on python programming and I want to support Belizean educators on YouTube. 

3. My students and I are attending the Hour of Code live event during CS week, so we can learn coding and programming. I will also reinforce the digital citizenship skills I already started sharing with them.

Two Things I will change are

1. I am reserved and tend to wait to be approached, I will be more proactive with seeking out collaboration opportunities with local DEL. 

2. My PLN - make it more detailed and layered so that I can continue to grow as a DEL. 

One thing I will keep on doing is enjoying and embracing opportunities to expand my technology/digital learning experiences.