Evaluation Digital Tool

Evaluation Digital Tool

by Raul Correa -
Number of replies: 0

The course I choose is: 

Design Thinking for Innovation

https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/course/design-thinking-innovation

I would like to use this course for a professional development workshop with my colleagues as well as with my students. Since I strongly believe that it is very important to promote innovations to entrepreneurs or people planning to engage in entrepreneurship as well as to the people in our community so as to open their minds and not just be depending on a job or falling in the cycle for searching employment. Besides not just depend on one source of income.

I have used Berkeley's guide to evaluate the framework of the resource chosen. 

Authority: This resource was created and developed by the University of Virginia and powered by Coursera. From what I've researched I found out the Coursera is an American massive open online course (MOOC). Coursera works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, certifications, and degrees in a variety of subjects. So I believe the source is credible.

Purpose: The course is designed for anyone with an interest to develop their design thinking for innovation free of cost and it also has financial aid available.

Publication & Format: This resource is available as an open-source or the Digital Garage with a certification upon completion of the 5 modules and approximately 6 hours to complete it. No previous knowledge is required. The course has unlimited access, short learning videos, and quizzes to test knowledge and understanding.

Relevance: I believe that this course can help people to start or innovate their business to adapt and survive to the current situation that we are facing during Covid-19 so to develop and enhance skills such as design thinking and discover their innovation mindset.

Date of publication: Not sure, but based on the reviews of the course I saw that it's approximately on September 2017

Documentation:  Based on the Bio of the professor the affiliate her with the topics mentioned in the course.

Jeanne M. Liedtka
United Technologies Corporation Professor of Business Administration