My Final Reflection

My Final Reflection

by Martin Santos -
Number of replies: 0

I was very interested about this course when it was announced as I have been an education in ICT for the past 10 years. I am also the IT system administrator for our school. I have seen technology grow at our school from computer and internet only available wired in the computer lab to a complete wireless campus network with internet access in all our classrooms. Half of our student body had been using laptops for learning via Teams in our classroom along with face to face classes prior to CoVid-19 to all students having access to a device at home.

I will encourage teachers to take this C-delta course so that they can be enlightened with new ideas and concepts as a digital leader. I will personally continue to research and to collaborate with my colleagues so that the major problem we are facing with teacher training with online classes won’t be a weakness. in my institution will. This digital leader course will not benefit me as a teacher, but the entire school I serve.

The THREE goals that I intend to execute as a DEL at my school is:

1. share the information with our student body to ensure they apply their digital literacy knowledge appropriately during their online courses and managing their digital footprints for future professional career paths

2. I plan to do a workshop with my fellow teacher colleagues to make them aware to have be a positive digital citizen and use resources securely online.

3. I will make both our students and faculty aware and promote netiquette and digital ten commandments.

The TWO things that will change is:

1. Increase the budget for the school IT department and use crowdsourcing among our teachers and students so see what technology software/hardware is suggested for improvement of teaching and learning experience.

2. Source more training such as this course for our administrators and faculty to further improve the quality of digital education for all our stakeholders.

The ONE thing that I will keep doing is:

1. Keep providing assistance and support to my teacher colleagues and students especially during this challenging times of home learning due to the Covid-19 pandemic.