Final Reflection

Final Reflection

by Rodrigo Vasquez -
Number of replies: 0

SELF-ASSESS & REFLECT

As educator, I have always been fascinated with the use of technology in the classroom. I love technology and I believe that the future is bright and promising for those that engage in being the pioneer of it. I am technological inclined ever since I know myself, as a matter of fact, I am the only teacher in my school that has used 3D and virtual reality inside the classroom. I spend my own money to accomplish it. Nonetheless, my principal, in her ignorance, stopped me, claiming that it was not appropriate for the classroom. All my investment ended up stored in a box. Now, I am the system administrator in my school for operating G Suite for Education and office 365 Education. I see myself as a digital education leader and I am proud to be chosen to do the C-DELTA course.

I already made plans to initiate the sharing of my knowledge with my staff. This week I am presenting the first teachers’ workshop on C-DELTA. I ma very excited to be the one of pioneers of this movement.

When I started C-DELTA course, I was a bit confused but I just kept going in the hopes that it will clarify eventually. After the end of second week, I already had an idea of  what I had get involved in. I downloaded the seven modules from the platform and started to broadly study them. I learnt new terms in technology that I was not familiar with. I am hoping to study the seven modules in more details during the Christmas vacation. I am planning to learn as much as possible from these modules and be a good digital education leader.

As I venture into my future as a digital education leader, these are my goals:

1.      My three goals of how/ what you will do as a DEL’s when the workshop is over

ü  Work on developing my digital ID and keeping a good digital footprint.

ü  Work on developing my PLN and be conscientious of my digital self and how I present myself digitally.

ü  Teach my students about the importance of creating a clean digital footprint

2.      Two things I will change in my practice

ü  Become more invested in seeking these free online courses that seek to develop one’s digital competencies and skills

ü  Share with my colleagues what I have learnt about being a DEL.

3.      One thing I am going to keep on doing.

ü  I will continue to invest to search, investigate, and learn about online resources and tools available that can make me a more efficient educator and DEL.

In conclusion, I see the new digital era as an opportunity to venture into new horizons apart from education. I am contemplating in engaging myself into the digital commerce. I want to become a binary option cryptocurrency trader. I see myself using my python skills in creating bots that can help me make better decisions in day or stock trading. I strongly believe that technology will have a huge impact in my everyday life. To an extent, I am happy that COVID 19 has come to initiate the fourth technological revolution.