MY DEL REFLECTION

MY DEL REFLECTION

by Denesha Grant -
Number of replies: 0

The DEL I researched was Mrs. Sandhya Gunness. When typing her name into Google, a LOT of different sites popped up with her information. The first was that of LinkedIn which provided great insight about her work and academic achievements and engagement. Other pages for different universities also listed her as a lecturer and mentioned the work she has done. To my surprise, I found that Mrs. Gunness also had an active Facebook and Twitter account. She also seems to be active on Pinterest. The reason why I was surprised by this is because we as educators tend to want to make our personal lives more on the private end, and it was refreshing to see that Mrs. Gunness freely, but responsibly shared via the different platforms. 

This is an important insight that I would have to share with my students. Social media isn't bad as it allows us to share our ideas and voices on various social matters, and it also allows us an opportunity to share a bit of our personalities. However, it is up to us to ensure that the information we share on our end will positively impact our digital identity.