START Here: Instructions to prepare for the Course
Instructions (for easy reference, you might wish to copy these instructions into a personal file or print it)
NAVIGATION: to navigate through the Course you need to click on the title of the sections. There are also restricted areas that you cannot access until you've done earlier work. To mark an activity as complete, click in the box on the right of the activity.
- Watch the welcome video - remember that you can choose "Fullscreen"
- Study the Course Outline
- Select a course that you currently teach that could be effective in a blended (it is a blend of online and face-to-face) environment and request for it to be created by your Moodle Systems Administrator (or the Course facilitator)
- Log into the Moodle platform using the URL (website-address) and userid and password provided. If you have questions at this time, docs.moodle.org can help to answer your questions at any time - have a bit of a look!
- Complete the online surveys listed at "Do a pre-test of your knowledge".
- Start to develop the course learning design/blueprint using the "COL Blended Learning Design/Blueprint Template" already provided to you, and refer to the "Example of learning design/blueprint" (both in the Resources area)
- Read the welcome email (sent earlier to you)
- Post any general questions you might have in the “General Course Questions Forum”
- Use this link to Join the Telegram group (https://t.me/+530hse_2g8xmMjk0)
- The "Course glossary" describe possible new concepts - and you are welcome to add to these
- In the "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" I will insert FAQs and my response to these
- The "Course Noticeboard" will be used for announcements by the facilitator
- The "General Course Questions Forum" and the "General Course Chat Room" will be used by all; you can for instance invite another participant for an online chat in the "General Course Chat Room".