- Participants must have basic experience of online courses offered via institutional LMS, particularly of the Moodle platform. Note this is NOT an introduction to Moodle course.
- The course is predominately asynchronous and therefore offers high levels of flexibility in terms of when a participant wants to study it is recommended participants should have daily access to an internet connected digital device (PC, laptop, tablet or Smartphone).
- Participants ideally should have had some exposure to social media particularly Facebook and WhatsApp.
- We recommend participants install the Moodle Mobile app on their smartphones.
- We recommend participants install the Zoom app on their smartphones.
After participating in the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate online/blended facilitation from traditional teaching support.
- Facilitate learning in a Blended and Online courses.
- Manage course logistics using the Moodle management and administration tools.
- Nurture a caring and supportive social dynamic among remote learners using digital tools.
- Provide first level technical assistance to online learners.
- Create an alternative parallel support system to the Moodle environment using Facebook pages and WhatsApp groups.
- Facilitate synchronous sessions outside of Moodle using Big Blue Button, Zoom, MS Teams etc.
- The course duration is three weeks.
- It is 20 notional hours of study.
- We recommend a hours study per day.
Last modified: Monday, 14 September 2020, 12:42 AM