Welcome to this short course on "Teaching in a Digital Age".
We recommend you to do the following, before taking the course:
- Create an account and log in to the course to take the test;
- Read the course introduction carefully;
- Watch the videos in each of the lessons (as many times as you want);
- Take a critical perspective for adopting online/blended learning;
- Apply your new learning to your own context;
- Wherever possible, discuss opportunities and challenges with colleagues;
- Practice the "Knowledge Check", as many times as possible;
- Take the final test, when you are ready;
- Download the certificate (appears as pop-up, and thus your browser should be pop-up enabled); and
- Please complete the "Course Completion Survey" to provide feedback.
Welcome to this lesson on trends in open learning. In this lesson, we will learn about access and cost barriers. This lesson will give you a comprehensive overview on how to use the open educational resources (OER). We will also discuss about open pedagogy, which encourages open educational practice.
Upon completion of this lesson, you are expected to be able to:
- Explain how your role as an instructor is likely to change the developments in open learning
- Identify the use of open educational resources (OER)
- Determine how to maximize the use of digital materials once created, in terms of the design of courses