Welcome to this short course on "Teaching in a Digital Age".
We recommend you to do the following, before taking the course:
- Create an account and log in to the course to take the test;
- Read the course introduction carefully;
- Watch the videos in each of the lessons (as many times as you want);
- Take a critical perspective for adopting online/blended learning;
- Apply your new learning to your own context;
- Wherever possible, discuss opportunities and challenges with colleagues;
- Practice the "Knowledge Check", as many times as possible;
- Take the final test, when you are ready;
- Download the certificate (appears as pop-up, and thus your browser should be pop-up enabled); and
- Please complete the "Course Completion Survey" to provide feedback.
Welcome to this lesson on core digital skills that are required in today’s digital age. In this lesson, we will learn about the growing importance of skill development, needs of the modern digital society, and different types of skills. This lesson will give you a comprehensive overview of developing skills and measuring skills. You will in fact learn about the skills and the learning outcomes along with rethinking teaching and learning.
Upon completion of this lesson, you are expected to be able to:
- Identify the difference between content and skills
- List some of the core digital skills
- Explain the methods to teach skills successfully
- Understand the special role of online learning in skill development