Welcome to this short course on "Teaching in a Digital Age".
We recommend you to do the following, before taking the course:
- Create an account and log in to the course to take the test;
- Read the course introduction carefully;
- Watch the videos in each of the lessons (as many times as you want);
- Take a critical perspective for adopting online/blended learning;
- Apply your new learning to your own context;
- Wherever possible, discuss opportunities and challenges with colleagues;
- Practice the "Knowledge Check", as many times as possible;
- Take the final test, when you are ready;
- Download the certificate (appears as pop-up, and thus your browser should be pop-up enabled); and
- Please complete the "Course Completion Survey" to provide feedback.
Welcome to this lesson on learner support. In this lesson, you will learn about the need for a clear workload, regular feedback, and tutors or main instructor presence. This lesson will give you a comprehensive overview of designing the course structure and learning activities. We will in fact learn about the instructor presence.
Upon completion of this lesson, you are expected to be able to:
- Understand the need for clear workload, regular feedback, and instructor presence
- Explain the forms of assistance to the learners
- List the institutional or organizational requirements for different types of learning
- Identify the methods to structure a blended learning course