Welcome to this short course on "Teaching in a Digital Age".
We recommend you to do the following, before taking the course:
- Create an account and log in to the course to take the test;
- Read the course introduction carefully;
- Watch the videos in each of the lessons (as many times as you want);
- Take a critical perspective for adopting online/blended learning;
- Apply your new learning to your own context;
- Wherever possible, discuss opportunities and challenges with colleagues;
- Practice the "Knowledge Check", as many times as possible;
- Take the final test, when you are ready;
- Download the certificate (appears as pop-up, and thus your browser should be pop-up enabled); and
- Please complete the "Course Completion Survey" to provide feedback.
Welcome to this lesson on assessment strategies. This lesson mainly focuses on the pressures that are mounting on post-secondary institutions to change, particularly about the way they deliver and assess one of their core activities, that is, teaching. When it comes to student assessment, we are mostly focused on the pen and paper tests or at best we talk of practical examinations. In the online learning scenario, we can adopt a range of alternative assessments that is the core of this lesson.Objectives:
Upon completion of this lesson, you are expected to be able to:
Identify the new ways and methods of assessment of student learning online
Select appropriate strategies for student assessment in your course