Change Scenario

Change Scenario

by Gloria Coc -
Number of replies: 0

• Is the case for change being made in response to strengths and opportunities or a reaction to weakness and threats? 
  • Would your senior management support this case for change? Why?
  • Would your students support this case for change? Why?
  • Can you identify who will be directly and indirectly affected by the changes? 
  • Can you Identify what the impact of this vision will be on learning, teaching, students, lecturers, organizational structure, institutional reputation etc. ? 
Since our school is at the initial stage of setting up online learning in the near future.  I believe that this is an opportunity for us to learn form others so that we can assist our students to be good digital learners. Our strength lies in the number of teachers we have and if all 60 teachers can be onboard I think that we can make it happen.

Our senior management would definitely support this case because it is inevitable that online learning is the way education has to go.  However, I think that it would also require a lot of work to teach some senior management because they are still learning about computers.

Both teachers and students would be affected by this change.  Students who normally would be quiet in class can have a opportunity to voice their concerns and build their self esteem.  It would also open avenues to research and learn things on their own.

I agree with Donna's scenario as we need to start planning for the future.  What would be our ultimate goal, how do we want our students to be after they are finished with high school? Would they be able to continue their studies or create jobs of their own.  Can we prepare them to be productive citizens in the future.  Since we have one of the largest high school enrollment of over 1100 students.  This will be one of the biggest challenge.  However, if we start to do pilot projects and eventually expand I strongly believe that we can also be apart of the online learning community.