Change Scenario

Change Scenario

by Raul Correa -
Number of replies: 0

Mike’s Change Scenario Vision

Is the case for change being made in response to strengths and opportunities or a reaction to weaknesses and threats? 

* I believe that for Mike's case the changes being made are made in response to strengths and opportunities since he states that if we are going to remain competitive when it comes to the educational system it's imperative to position ourselves as a school that embraces educational innovation.

Would your senior management support this case for change? Why?

I strongly believe that my principal will support this case for change even more during these times of Covid19 that we are currently going through. In fact, I think that because of the current situation even schools that didn't embrace technological innovations have been forced to do so as well as to implement a VLE for their institution. At my school, luckily we had our own servers with a school management system and a VLE platform which is Moodle, and have been working with it for the past six years. Currently, I've advised the principal that we need to acquire more equipment (New Server, Components to upgrade the old server) since the demand for the services is greater than before.

Would your students support this case for change? Why?

I do believe that most students would support this case since they were born during this era of digital technology and based on my observation I've noticed that most of them prefer to be using a computer or any other digital device rather than using a pencil and a paper. The only disadvantage that I foresee is that not all of them have the opportunity to have a digital device and an internet connection. 

Can you identify who will be directly and indirectly affected by the changes? 

As I mentioned in the previous question, I strongly believe that students and even teachers might be affected since not all students have a digital device nor the resources to get one. As well as some students and teachers live in rural areas whereby there is no internet connection.

Can you identify what the impact of this vision will be on learning, teaching, students, lecturers, organizational structure, institutional reputation, etc.? 

Well, I can say that the impact of this vision will be a challenging one since as Mike mentioned, there will be plagiarism with the tasks assigned which is a disadvantage. I strongly believe that for this vision to be successful we should start changing our mindset, be responsible, have good morals, an attitude of learning, etc. not just for this but in all aspects of our lives. Humans need to be more human during these days.