Final Refelection

Final Refelection

by Richard Staine -
Number of replies: 0

Final Reflection

Before this course, I did not really consider the fact that I am a DEL.  I think that such term referred basically to those who would spend much time and effort trying to improve ICT in the country.  After this course I see that differently.  I now see that I too play an important role in developing ICT in this country.  I think it is more my responsibility as an IT teacher in this era.  There are some things that I will do differently after this workshop is over.  The first of these is to work on my own digital footprint.  I think there is more that I can say about myself, not only as an educator, but as an IT personnel especially in this time and age.  Here in Belize, we could use a team that will reach out to other educators who are not as technological as we are. If others know that there are people who they can look to for assistance, then they might find it easier to get help and improve themselves.  Secondly, after learning what I have learnt from this workshop, I will make a more conscious effort to ensure that my students develop their own digital footprints and maintain them from now.  I think young people just like to post things on social media and don't think of what they are doing to themselves online.  Thirdly, I think I can be far more instrumental in assisting peers in this time where change is eminent.  In my own school, I plan to identify teachers who can use my help in making their jobs easier and students who can also use some help in adapting to this change.   Two things that I can change are:  firstly, the way I go about delivering my lessons.  Though I believe that I am effective, I think I can be more entertaining.  Using apps as flip grid can make the students get more involved.  Secondly, spend more time developing myself as a DEL. One thing that will be sure to keep on doing is ensuring that at the end of the day, the students receive what they should be receiving.