Facilitating using PowerPoint
1. - Technical requirements
To use our online learning space effectively you will require a computer with an internet connection. Some of the pages are data heavy so the better your internet connection the easier it will be to access your learning.
Use a broadband connection (256 Kbit/sec or faster--for optimal viewing of videos and online presentations) through USB wireless modem, ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable. Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended.
Please find alternate spaces to access the Internets if your system at home or work is not adequate.
By checking you have a few pieces of free software (or the equivalent for your mobile device) installed before you begin you will be able to open the majority of materials on our sites. For optimal performance, you should use the system components listed here. Other settings may lead to some functionality being lost.
Accessing Moodle via desktop
The following desktop operating systems support Moodle:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Mac iOS X , version 10.3 +
The following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome 22 or later (recommended for optimal compatibility)
- Mozilla Firefox 15 or later--a free download is available from the Firefox site.
- MS Internet Explorer 9.0 or later--a download is available from Internet Explorer site.
- Safari 6 or later (please note that there are known issues with Safari and TinyMCE, the editor used in the text editor throughout Moodle)
Set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher for optimal experience of your online space. The following settings should be enabled:
- Cookies (more information)
- Pop-ups (in both Internet browser and security software) (more information)
- ActiveX (more information)
The following plugin and readers should be used: