My DEL Reflection

My DEL Reflection

by Cecile Ramirez -
Number of replies: 1

The DEL inquiry I made was about my father, Mr. Cecil Ramirez,  a senior counsel. My father uses the internet for legal research. His digital literacy is average as he would say that he uses basic online tools and the only social media he uses would be Linkedin, which he joined in err. He was been using WhatsApp for a while but literally forced to use Google Meet and Microsoft Teams since Covid-19 started! Upon doing a google search about my father, it is clear that his digital identity speaks to his professional activities as an attorney: they are many news items about him. His professional information was visible but I  unable to find personal information. His digital identity is amazing as it relates to his profession and Law Tutor activities! I found ONE picture of him!

I choose him also because he is Law Tutor, he was utilizing face-to-face teaching prior to Covid-19. He is now utilizing Google Classroom and teaching via Google Meet. At times he had to lead meetings via Microsoft Teams. He has adapted to this new digital platform without fear! My sister and I, did short digital training with him and he has bee making waves.

In reply to Cecile Ramirez

Revised DEL Reflection on Dr. Padhu

by Cecile Ramirez -

Dr. Padhu, Mathematical Scientist at George Mason University,  digital footprints tells me that he is a well-known professor engaged in the Applied Mathematics field, his passion, his research interests and educational programs are all  Mathematics related as well as his involvement in STEM training.

While investigating about him, most of the information was found about his learning and work rather than his personal life. This Information could be sought on Google, YouTube, and LinkedIn.

I was unable to follow him as he is not social media, thus, his digital footprint is strictly professional.

The person has several web files about him on Science and engineering as well as news articles telling about his innovations and initiatives in Mathematics and STEM Education.

Research shows that he has research interest in design and systems thinking, I found that rather interesting as that is one of our topics covered.