Digital Footprint Takeaways

Digital Footprint Takeaways

by Shakira Castellanos -
Number of replies: 1

I enjoyed this TED talk and can relate a lot to the speaker. I also teach at a small school where everybody knows what's going on. I observed that because many students reside in rural areas and are not so exposed, they don't know the dangers involved in social media.

It is frightening to know that every interface is recorded somewhere. I bet if students know this, they will post more responsibly. I always warn my students to not share private information to people they don't know on social media. Like the speaker said, we need to "slow down".

Finally, I love how she highlighted that employers look at our social media page and some people can be fired for things they post. This is very true, I know to enter into the Police Training, a person has to be vetted and they social media pages are checked to see the type of posts they make.

In reply to Shakira Castellanos

Re: Digital Footprint Takeaways

by Victor Miranda -

Thank you for your detailed post Ms/Mrs. Shakira, 

It seems we both picked up on the severity of the information and the urgent importance it needs. I agree, we need to communicate the information with our students. I did not touch on the employer aspect but I do agree with you on the importance of taking it into consideration. 

Thank you.