Digital footprint takeaways

Digital footprint takeaways

by Luisa Gillett -
Number of replies: 2

Three issues the video raises that I think are important are:

1. The responsible use of the Internet is very important for our digital footprint. As we navigate and search we need to proactively protect our own social maps. Our digital footprint has value; it's a constant currency.

2. Social media has some dangers and we can make ourselves vulnerable to them. In cyberspace a visible and accessible map of our lives is created based on the information we publish or what others publish about us. 

3. Digital footprints can impact our personal livelihood. There are aspects of our lives that need to and must be kept private. Censor what you enter on your keyboard. 

In reply to Luisa Gillett

Re: Digital footprint takeaways

by Pauline Gilharry -

Hi Luisa,

These are very important issues we certainly need to consider. I was cautious of what I shared about myself on social media, but now I am even more cautious about my digital footprints in cyberspace. Additionally, it is very important that we do not post information when we are feeling hurt or emotional because we tend to share information that makes us vulnerable to the public's opinion of us. Yes, I concur that our digital footprints do impact our personal lives and we must think and sensor before we click enter and have regrets. Great points!

Thank you 

Pauline