Evaluating online information

Evaluating online information

by Rodrigo Vasquez -
Number of replies: 0

Finding information online can be very time consuming if we are lacking basic searching skills. Personally I use google as my search engine and I use special operators such as “ “ to force google to give web pages that contain the strings of characters or words or phrases enclosed in the parenthesis. Also, the operators + and – are very useful in adding or eliminating keywords from search results. Online searchers should familiarize with the various operators to narrow their searches.

In Canaan High School, we are using Google Suite. It’s a very powerful set of apps however one concern I have is the integration of google docs in reading word documents files created in windows Operating System. Normally the google docs doesn't display the correct content and if it does it is not arranged as how it was uploaded. The google meet app needs to have better features to facilitate E-Learning and a better control of an online class session. 

Fake news is not easily spot. Not everything we see online is real so we need to very cautious of the source of information, purpose of publication and the audience its been targeted. We need to verify that the online information has credibility by seeking various sources of information that confirms the veracity of that news.