Change Scenario

Change Scenario

by Maria Vernon -
Number of replies: 0

Change is a tough idea for us to handle currently and with the situation we are in there is constant change, almost on a weekly basis. There are several weaknesses that I have observed that make the job of online teaching more difficult. I believe we are changing in reaction to our weaknesses. The system we have started with for the new school year is faltering and at the end of the term the solutions seem non-existent or few and far in between. Administration is not adapting well, and we have planned for more than we can handle. Students would have mixed reactions to change but if a better system is implemented, I do believe they would welcome it. Changes will affect students, parents, and teachers directly as a new system must go through its phase of trial and error. The institution can benefit greatly from a supportive and productive vision for online learning. I believe we can all welcome change in a realistic and structured direction. I don't believe we should go fully digital as mentioned by Donna but rather a blended learning that is described in Mike's scenario. I am prepared to embrace this change.