My PLN

My PLN

by Gloria Coc -
Number of replies: 0

After doing a quick research on my self I realized that I can be found very easily because I use my full name.  Prior to signing up for these social media I was consistent in give the same information required to sign up.  

I have not made very conscious choices about who I interact with online.  Therefore, with this new knowledge, I am screening whomever I want to interact with now.  Since I can easily be traced I need to protect my digital identity.

Other probably perceive me as someone mostly private because I do not update my social media page on a regular basis.  My career as an educator can be compromised if I do not guard my footprints.  I would not want any of my students looking up for information that can be harmful to my career.  

My digital footprint is very limited as I am only on Facebook and LinkedIn. Also I use my picture so if someone was looking for me they would find me. One interesting findings shows that my name is very common so there are more people who also use my name.