Evaluating online information Discussion

Evaluating online information Discussion

by Hubert Pascual -
Number of replies: 0

I have encountered many issues while searching for research articles and journals. These include limited journals on the research topic, similar articles are often for profit. These challenges can stem from several reasons though. These include improper search, not using Boolean or string to search or even using proper search index and syntaxes. I often use google scholar or just the regular google search bar to generate quick responses and I have no real issues except the few afore mentioned. I have activated several add-ons on my browsers for extra protection. I’ve done this because I conduct almost all my business online and I need to reassure myself and the people I serve that they are safe and I need to ensure that I have a peace of mind. Online, there is no such thing as a leap of faith or go with your gut feeling. One slip up can cause you to go broke and or lose your life savings. In education one slip up can tarnish your entire career and reputation. Whenever I research I look for credible sources those that I can quickly authenticate. I take nothing for face value on the internet, I can guarantee you that its tedious but it is always better to be safe than sorry in this global village.