Evaluation of Digital Resource

Evaluation of Digital Resource

by Cecile Ramirez -
Number of replies: 0

Resource: Introduction to Digital Wellbeing

The link for the  resource I uses was https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/course/digital-wellbeing/lesson/222#!/practice, and the handout:  https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/course/digital-wellbeing/module/220/pdf

I selected this course, Intro to Digital Wellbeing, a short beginner’s – 1 hour course,  because as a traditional classroom teacher now engaging in online learning, I find it worrisome about settling and coping with the daily use of technology to teach. Thus, I am interested in learning about the tools and tips that can help me create a healthy relationship with technology.

The framework which I used  was the Berkeley guide to evaluate the resource.

This is a copy of my evaluation.

INTRO TO DIGITAL WELLBEING: MODULE 1/1 Digital Wellbeing, Beginners , 1 hour

1.     Authority - Who is the author? What is their point of view? Anonymous author, third-person point of view.

2.     Purpose - Why was the source created? Who is the intended audience? Source was created to encourage healthy personal tech use and learn how to develop and maintain healthy tech habits. Audience: Persons working with Technology

3.     Publication & format - Where was it published? In what medium? No Publication details were given. Electronic.

4.     Relevance - How is it relevant to your research? What is its scope? It will assist me in developing healthy tech habits whilst doing this Digital Leadership Course. The scope seems broad.

5.     Date of publication - When was it written? Has it been updated? it does not say when it was written. There are no details about updates.

6.     Documentation - Did they cite their sources? Who did they cite? No sources were citied.

After reviewing the resource, I realized that I found useful information, but at first, undecided about the validity and reliability of the source as it contained no citied sources and the document I downloaded marked anonymous. However, upon further review, I realized that since it is a Grow with Google Programme Course (Google Skills for Africa website) it must be worthy. It is rather user friendly given that the scenarios probe one to consider their own experiences. I will share with my colleagues and on my social media.